Overview of the Home Inspection
When it comes to getting a home inspection, it is important that your home does not fail.
What do you get with a home inspection? A professional home inspection will offer you an unbiased and independent view of any issues with your home, as well as their proposed solutions, which will ensure that you have the facts necessary to make an informed decision moving forward with your home. This is true whether you are preparing your home for sale or purchasing a home on the market.
How long will it take for a home inspection to be performed from start to finish? Depending on the home’s size and condition, a comprehensive home inspection will generally take several hours—about three to four hours—from start to finish. Older and larger homes will often take a little longer. Ultimately, you will want to accompany the home inspector during the consultation, as this will ensure you have visual support to go along with your written inspection report.
What can you expect from Southern Valley Services? One thing that we take incredibly seriously at Southern Valley Services is our home inspection reports. Each and every single inspection is complete and thorough; we offer an analysis of all of a home’s major systems and its components. The inspection report will include a clear, concise description of what we located, which includes photographs, along with any problems noted so that you are able to identify areas that need to be dealt with.
A comprehensive home inspection in Huntsville will include the following:
- Roof – shingles, chimneys, flashings, trim and gutters, vents, downspouts, drip edges, skylights, and any other visible items related to the roof
- Attics – ventilation, insulation, rafters, trusses, joists and collar ties, wiring attachments, and any other visible items related to attic
- Basements, Crawl Spaces, and Foundation – ventilation, insulation, vapor barriers, utility attachment, posts, floors and walls, structural items, and columns
- Plumbing and Fixtures – water distribution system, water pressure, sanitary system, bath/showers and toilets, sinks and faucets, hose bibs, and other components related to the plumbing system
- Heating and Cooling Systems – air conditioner and lines, furnace, ductwork, electric gas sniffer testing, electronic monoxide testing, air cleaning parts, and any other visible components related to the HVAC system
- Electrical Systems – switches and outlets, service panel, service entry and clearances, grounding system, visible wiring and junction boxes, and any other visible components related to the electrical system
- Interior – ceilings and floors, walls, banisters and stairs, cabinets, sinks, shelving, built-in appliances, finishes, smoke detectors and safety-related items, and any other visible components related to the interior
- Exterior – doors, windows, siding materials, sashes and lintels, entryways, vents, attachments, and any other visible components related to the exterior
- Decks and Porches
- Environmental Issues
- Overall Structure
To learn more about our home inspections, or to schedule a home inspection, give us a call today at Southern Valley Services.